Every homeowner knows that one of the key things they need to make sure is running smoothly and properly in a household is absolutely the plumbing.
If your pipes and blocked or your drains just don’t seem to be draining efficiently, then it can lead to a lot of problems down the line with things like hygiene, ability to complete simple tasks and an all-around restricted water supply!
If there is one piece of advice that we can give you here at FlowWise, it is that the longer you leave a problem, the larger it is going to end up being in the end.
With that in mind, here are some tips from your blocked drains Sunshine Coast professionals for how to keep your drains as clean as possible at home.
- Every time you have finished doing what you are doing in the sink, run your hot water tap as hot as it will go, and let the water run down the drain for a suitable amount of time, this can help to give a final push to anything that might be lingering around.
- Never throw your coffee grounds down the drain, they are prime for causing a blockage. Instead, get into the habit of throwing them in your garbage or even your compost heap if you have one.
- Invest in a small drain gate that can sit on top of your plug hole and catch up any of that gross stuff that might slip down without you realising. You can then transfer that to the trash where it belongs.
- Throwing a handful of baking soda into the drain as you are running the hot water down is a really positive thing, because is it a terrific cleaning agent, not to mention being able to make everything down there smell much better!
- You can also do a similar thing with vinegar, pouring a cup’s worth down the drain and then chasing it with hot water 30 minutes later for a dissolving effect.
Any of our trained and experienced team members will be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have, before setting up an appointment to come down and get your plumbing back to normal.
We look forward to being able to help you!